ICLN seeks interns starting January 2nd, 2013.
The International Criminal Law Network (ICLN) aims to facilitate social and professional contact between legal professionals, academic experts and policymakers in international criminal law. In order to reach this goal, ICLN annually organises informal meetings, an annual conference and the ICC trial Competition. Additionally, ICLN organises various lectures and international criminal law related courses. As a young, dynamic organisation, ICLN is always looking to expand its activities and for new opportunities to create more interaction in the field of international criminal law.
ICLN was founded in June 2002. It is part of the unit International Law of Science Alliance, a private institution specialising in the creation of networks between academics and practice. The ICLN network is composed of private members and institutional partners. Currently, ICLN has close to 200 members from over 60 countries.
ICLN is looking for an intern to undertake and/or assist in the following activities:
- To assist in the organisation of the ICC Trial Competition 2013, the only international moot court competition in the English language officially recognized by the ICC.
- Taking the lead in organizing quarterly student workshops.
- Taking the lead in creating a quarterly newsletter.
- To assist in the general management of the organisation, including membership registration, administrative support, and conference preparation and information distribution to the members.
Desired Attributes and Qualifications:
- Enthusiasm, assertiveness and ambition are key qualifications
- Candidate must study (or have studied) international (criminal) law or a related field, or a marketing/media and communications/visual design or related studies.
- Excellent command of English, both oral and written.
- Project management skills including good communicative and organisational skills.
- Excellent computer skills are an key asset, especially in published and online media
- Candidate must be able to work independently in the preparation and execution of activities.
- Participation in relevant extracurricular activities is highly appreciated.
- A four month internship starting 2 January 2013 for 40 hours a week (intern grant: €350 a month).
- A young, dynamic and fun-loving team
- Contact with national and international key figures in the field of international criminal law
- A high degree of responsibility and freedom to develop, yet with proper support and assistance
Interested? Please send us your CV and cover letter to [email protected]